Tinnitus Worse When Lying Down – 10 Tips for Better Sleep at Night
Sleep deprivation is a wide-spread epidemic. Losing sleep due to tinnitus is more common than you would believe. Millions of people go to bed every night and fight the noises that tinnitus causes them to hear constantly. Many people end up with other health problems due to tinnitus sleep loss, so getting a handle on a way to get some sleep despite the noises that only you can hear is important. Tinnitus Worse When Lying Down
Follow these ten tips to get a good night’s sleep, despite the tinnitus noises:
1. Try deeply relaxing when you lie down to go to sleep. Make sure your room is completely dark and begin to focus on something or somewhere that would give you peace. Imagine that you are lying on the beach after subset instead of in your bed and listen for the water of the ocean and the waves splashing back and forth, back and forth. You may end up waking up the next morning before you realize that you had even fallen asleep.
2. Get yourself a sound generator and make sure it comes with a guarantee for life, if possible. Put the sound generator near the head of your bed and set it for whatever sound it makes that you find most relaxing. This is called a white noise in the background and will distract your brain from the tinnitus noise.
3. If a sound generator isn’t for you, try to place a fan in your room at night or an air purifier. Both of these produce a repetitive white noise that will help to lull you to sleep.
4. Make sure that what is going on in your life during the day time isn’t going to have your nerves wrecked at night and leave you worrying over things like your job or the bills that are due. All of these kinds of things are important to think about, but getting yourself stressed out over them isn’t going to help you at night when you need to get past the sounds of tinnitus to get sleep. Losing sleep will cause all your problems to be worse, especially tinnitus that is highly aggravated by stress. Tinnitus Worse When Lying Down
5. Get enough exercise during the day will help you to sleep at night and may have you so tired that even the sounds of tinnitus won’t keep you awake.
6. Try taking a natural sleep aid that isn’t addictive can be a lot of help in getting to sleep despite the sounds of tinnitus. If a natural sleep aid doesn’t work for you, talk to your doctor about a prescription sleep aid that will work for you.
7. Make changes in your diet that will help you to not only sleep better at night, but may also relieve the sounds of tinnitus. Take caffeine out of your diet as well as salt. Salt is a big contributor to high blood pressure, a medical condition that has tinnitus as a side effect. Caffeine is a stimulant and will increase your heart rate, thus allowing the sounds of tinnitus to get louder due to a change in blood flow while the stimulant also keeps you awake.
8. Take a long, hot bath before getting into bed at night. Get the water as hot as you can stand and lie back and relax, letting all the stress of the day slip out of you and into the water so it too can go down the drain when you get out!
9. Trying hypnosis has worked for some people who are dealing with tinnitus at night. Seek professional counseling to learn ways to meditate and use the art of self hypnosis in getting a good night’s rest.
10. White noises that are in your house all the time sometimes work better than any kind of music or recorded sounds can. The air conditioner humming or the attic fans whirring can be the best white noises of all to get you to sleep.
With these tips, you can improve your quality of sleep each night which in turn, improve your overall health and how you respond to tinnitus. Some people notice their symptoms decrease after just one night of better sleep. Tinnitus Worse When Lying Down
“Been suffering from Tinnitus and Ringing ear?
Get Tinnitus Worse When Lying Downto END it Right Now!
TryBanish Tinnitus Programnow and get back your Life Forever!”
Article from articlesbase.com
Incoming search terms:
- ear noises when lie down at night (52)
- tinnitus worse at night (22)
- tinnitus when lying down (22)
- ringing in ears when lying down (19)
- ringing in ears when laying down (8)
- tinnitus lying down (4)
- tinnitus when laying down (3)
- tinnitis laying down (3)
- ringing in ear when laying down (3)
- tinnitus worse when laying down (3)